Friday, September 21, 2012

One Step Ahead: Why it's great to be the boss...




From: Strategic Profits <rich@strategicprofits.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Subject: One Step Ahead: Why it's great to be the boss...




One Step Ahead
Facebook Twitter Youtube Blog
Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube!
Issue 201 - September 14, 2012

 
 
One Of The Biggest Perks
Of Being Your Own Boss




Hey Friend

When I got involved In my very first business - the clothing store - it was losing a million and half dollars annually. The first thing I had to do was pretty unpleasant.

I had to get rid of the entire staff of about 40 or 50 people working there.

This happened over time, of course, not all in one day. But as I did, I replaced many of them with a team of really dynamic, passionate business superstars. Now that assessment is not my opinion.

After I sold the store, my general manager eventually went on to become president of retailing for Diesel. My head of visuals became head of visuals for Diesel. My men's buyer became the vice president of wholesaling for Levi's.

They all moved on to powerful, influential positions in line with their skills.

One of the things that was so energizing for me was sitting with my core team of 5 or 6 people - again, all highly passionate, intelligent and creative people - and solving the problems we faced. Or creating new ideas we were going to use to move the business forward.

Not as boss and supporting team, but as members of a team together trying to solve a problem. It was a situation where you could lose track of time. Where you'd create much better ideas - and get much better outcomes.

Not long ago, I was working on a presentation for Strategic Profits.

And one night I had two of my current team members helping me with it; Chuck who runs my Founders Club and Kat who is in charge of all the content I'm involved with.

We were working on my presentation trying to come up with ideas for it - but there was also a real passion about finding better, more compelling ideas. So much so that we all lost track of time... We had started around 5 in the evening and kept at it until about midnight.

I was thinking about that evening recently. About how I was really grateful that I could have that kind of experience again. (I really hadn't done that since my retail store team about 20 years ago.) And how much I look forward to having more sessions like that.

That got me thinking about you. Where do you get your best ideas? Do you know what makes your work more fun than anything else?

I've known for a long time about myself that I work better around other people. What about you? Do you work better around people or by yourself? Do you work better when expressing yourself verbally or visually or thinking things through in your head?

Where do you get your best ideas? Where do you learn the most? How do you learn the most? Is it by reading, writing, watching, listening, etc.?

It's so important that you know how you perform optimally. But it's just as important to know what you enjoy most. What approach, in terms of getting the things done, really gets your juices flowing?

I can tell you it would have been a night and day difference between me just sitting in my office alone working in that presentation looking at the clock every five minutes being mad I had to work on this presentation versus working with two other smart people who are passionate about finding answers and doing it together as a team.

So I just wanted to share that because I think so often entrepreneurs get so caught up in the thick of things they forget they really get to create the rules.

It's your business. Even if you're just starting your business; it's your business. You ultimately decide to do the work the way you want to do the work.

That means you can do it in ways you enjoy it. That's one of the biggest perks of being a strategic entrepreneur.

I hope this message gets you thinking. I hope it gets you thinking about 1) where do you do your best work? 2) What makes work enjoyable to you and 3) how can you marry those two things?

Ultimately that's what I'm talking about.


To higher profits and beyond,


Rich





 
 
Resources To Grow Your Online Business...
"From Frustration to Freedom!"

Rich Schefren is holding a very special "crash-course" in how to transform a struggling business into a massive success. And you're invited.


In a special two-hour-plus, online event, Rich will open your eyes to the real reasons behind online marketers' struggle, frustration and failure. And he'll reveal the three strategic pillars - you can start using right now - that have been the cause of tens of thousands of success stories.


Nothing is held back in this one-of-a-kind, information-packed event.


And it's absolutely free.


But spots are limited. Click the link below and claim your spot now.


Click Here To Reserve Your Spot


 
 

Delray Beach Headquarters
15 NE 4th Street
Delray Beach, Florida 33444

You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed or purchased at a Strategic Profits website.
 Confirm Your Email Address Here your address to make sure you don't miss an issue.
Or  unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
Strategic Profits 15 NE 4th Street Delray Beach, Florida 33444 United States

Delivered By Infusionsoft



No comments:

Post a Comment