Sunday, September 16, 2012

Awful Trip..........{Urgent Help} AGSB faculty member

I got a letter similar to this from another faculty Were their accounts hacked? Same words...

May we warn our faculty.?

This is a scam.  A new idea of scam

Jorge

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: AGSB faculty member
To:
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 6:13 PM
Subject: Awful Trip..........{Urgent Help} Faculty Member

Hello,

  I hope my mail get to you in good health? I'm in some terrible and horrible situation, My family traveled on a Camping Trip to visit a new researchers complex in Almeria, Spain for a short vacation, Something very dreadful happened to us, I am sorry I didn't inform you about the trip to Spain. We got robbed at gun point on our way to the hotel by some hooligans, They stole all cash,credit cards,cell phone and other valuables. Our passport is intact and safe, Also our other belongings are being retained by the hotel management pending until the time we pay the Hotel bills. We need to pay the hotel bills and also getting a cab down to the airport.

  We've been to the Embassy and the Police here but they are not 100% supportive at all, Our return flight leaves in few hours from now but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills. Am freaked out at the moment!!...I'm financially strapped right now and need your help. I need you to loan me some money, I'll refund it to you as soon as we arrive home...I promise!...Please let me know what you can do, so I can forward you my details on how to send the money to us.

Thanks

AGSB faculty member


No comments:

Post a Comment