Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Where did half my groceries go?



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The Future Of Health Now <newsletter@thefutureofhealthnow.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 5:51 AM
Subject: Where did half my groceries go?




Turn on images to display!
Hi,

My name is Craig and I am the new director of The Future Of Health Now.
Over the next few weeks you'll be receiving a few emails with more information
about who I am and where the team will be leading FOHN into the future.
But until then I wanted to share with you how half my groceries disappeared
the other day...
This wasn't the first time it has happened!
The first "theft" happened because of pie... sweet yummy pumpkin pie.
It was about 15 years ago when I first got into health.  I was standing in the kitchen
talking to my good friend Ryan about how I had just learned about this food ingredient
called hydrogenated oil and how bad it was.

Turn on Images to see PieAt the same time I am holding a delicious piece of organic homemade (crust and all) pumpkin pie. 

It was the last piece of a wonderful gift my girlfriend had baked - and as I am talking to Ryan about hydrogenated oil I slop a huge scoop of
Cool Whip onto the pie.  
As I look up from putting that delicious "whip cream" on top of my last piece of pie I see Ryan laughing at me and gesturing to me to look at the
ingredient list on the side of the Cool Whip tub.
Now, I had never looked at labels before and had just started taking an interest in what I put into my body...  I was raised on Burger King and
Hungryman TV dinners afterall!
I just had never thought to ask what was in it until that day.
So I looked at the label and my heart sank!   I had just scooped almost
100% hydrogenated oil on top of my beautiful organic pumpkin pie. (And a bunch of other nasty stuff.)
I felt devastated because I finally realized how important it was to know what I was eating.
In that moment suddenly about 75% of the foods I bought on a regular basis where
ejected from any future food purchase and the next time I went to the store to buy groceries
I was downright depressed and my basket was darn near empty.
Now it took me a little while to realize that this wasn't a bad thing to have happen to me.  
I had to learn what to eat to be healthy all from scratch, and that wasn't an easy thing to do
not to long ago.  There was no Google back then to help me.
Now, 15 years later,  I can't imagine what life would be like for me if it hadn't happened.
So why did I tell you this?
Because it just happened again to me the other day and this time wasn't nearly as traumatic.
It is however as equally important.
It happened when I found this infographic on California Prop 37.
Turn On Images To See Who Supports Prop 37


It showed me the companies that supposedly are organic yet are actually fighting against labeling of GMO foods.

Imagine if we didn't label hydrogenated oil or high fructose corn syrup.  How many more people would be in worse shape then they are?
So for me...  based on this list...   my shopping basket will be a little less full next time I go for groceries.
The difference is this time I am excited instead of depressed because I know in the long run I will be way healthier.
So check out the infographic here and leave me a comment on your thoughts.  
Be Well.
Craig Allen
Director The Future Of Health Now 


If you would like to stop receiving future communication from The Future of Health Now, please Click Here to Unsubscribe

Copyright © 2011-2012 The Future of Health Now. All Rights Reserved
601 Van Ness Ave, Suite E 336, San Francisco, CA 94102


Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Support


If you wish to stop receiving our emails or change your subscription options, please Manage Your Subscription

The Future Of Health Now, 601 Van Ness Ave , San Francisco CA, 94102



--
Jorgeus George

www.jorgeusbiker.blogspot.com

www.jorgeusbiker-edcorner.blogspot.com

www.twitter.com/jorgeusbiker

www.facebook.com/jorgeusbiker


No comments:

Post a Comment